Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Star Trek Aliens

I don't recall exactly what prompted me to do this, but here it is.

It wasn't as much work as it might seem. I expected to be doing makeup for most of the day, but I think overall it only took about 2 and a half hours for everyone - admittedly it was rushed and I did a lot of "I can fix it in photoshop" over certain things. I'm not so anal about what I do that would never admit that I do rely on photoshop to fix things, mostly my laziness or my unwillingness to spend hours on a makeup for an hour long photo shoot.


I don't really care for the idea of doing group shoots, unless there's some perfect theme or idea that just lends itself to the idea. Mainly my issue is that it's almost always going to feel posed, in this case I relied heavily on that and just let that be the case. It had been a long morning and it felt like there was already so much going on that I wasn't allowing myself to just take it all in and do something a little more elaborate with the staging of the shots.



There's always the issue of how do you feature every makeup properly in every shot, and I was more fixated on that - in hindsight I have a few ideas that wouldn't have work with that in mind, but would've yielded some potentially really cool shots. Ah well, too late now.



Regardless of seeing the missed opportunities, I think it was well worth it. I'm happy with how it all turned out - really impressed that the Ferengi makeup worked as well as it did, I was expecting a bit of a trainwreck with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment