Saturday, August 24, 2019

Cazuhl-Coshamis Demon

From a shoot I did yesterday. The shoot itself went really well, even though I forgot a bunch of little things it didn't suffer from it - but one thing that really struck me after the shoot was over that was really successful, was how polite people were during it.

Normally most people just ignore us - and I'm fine with that. I've had 1 maybe 2 occasions where a small number of people were just outright rude. Every so often I do get "What's this for?" kind of questions and there's always a weird tone to the questions that annoys me - I understand the curiosity, but the question always comes across like we were supposed to get this random persons permission to be out in public doing this. I'm reasonably sure they don't mean it like that, but still that doesn't change the overall tone and how rude question comes across.

But when we did this shoot we had a large number of really polite people who all were very respectful not to bother us, and very politely asked about what we were doing and other questions. Every single one of them came across genuine and totally respectful - and all of them were older people, not elderly, but I'd say at least say middle aged at the very least. And for once, when it was explained, they actually seemed to get it and appreciate it - normally when people ask they just have a dead blank look on their face - so this was a nice change and actually makes me feel a little less preemptively annoyed with the general public when I'm doing a shoot.













No comments:

Post a Comment