Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Until August

So, work is going well. Extremely well...I think. And then I started thinking about what I'd shoot next for The Monkey Rodeo, then I got all fuzzy in the head and passed out, woke up several hours later only to be assaulting some small,balding man and screaming "Screw you, DeVito", and that got me thinking that I shouldn't be considering anything else right now...Okay, that didn't really happen, but it could. Trust me.

I had a few little things I wanted to get shot for the movie, but right now I'm thinking it's not going to happen. Not because of lack of time, but because of a fully functioning brain. As I said, work is actually going well. At least I think it is. I've made some pretty good progress in the last week, better then I expected and I'm doing the whole trying-not-to-jinx-it by wearing the wrong pair of socks sort of thing. Not that I haven't changed my socks, it was a analogy...or simile...or whatever the hell it was supposed to be.

I recalculated the amount of work I figured I should have to do over the next 20 days, it's gone from 58 5/10 second animations to 50 5/10 second animations - now we're at 37. Possibly less. I'd like to have more done, but it's proving in some cases to be more a pain then I thought in originally.

In any case, aside from the paying gig, the movie has been put on yet another little postponement. Nothing major, nothing unexpected even - and certainly nothing bad. In fact while I've been sitting for nearly 12 hours a day in front of the computer I had a few new ideas come to me - nothing that will make my life more complicated once I resume filming, but will hopefully make it work better.

I redesigned the Titan once again...After all my redesigning and settling, I've think I finally got it. I've been playing around with the design a little bit in 3D over the last week, I even started a pretty decent model and I can say it's very unlike the original designs I posted here awhile back. Still the same concept, a massive living statue - however very, very different looking. I'm really impressed with the results to the point where there is no doubt that I finally got it right.

After filming the last 5 scenes, the opening, will be the first to be done. I'm thinking as a little preview I might post a tiny segment of the opening by October or so. By December I'm thinking I'll have enough done to post an actual trailer.

This is just hopeful however, things could change. In any case, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment