Saturday, December 05, 2009

Brain Monsters Invade and other crap...

I thought was rather amusing so I thought I'd post it here. Now, I don't know about you, but my first thought here was - what would the average newspaper reader who stumbled across this think? I mean, Prince Edward Island isn't exactly the place where a lot of weird and crazy stuff goes on (at least not like this) so it's not like folks around here are jaded to this. I mean, the rest of the photos in this page, it was a large spread of local news basically, were all staged pictures of people accepting awards or posed behind their desk...and then there was me and these 3 weirdos.

It wasn't an interview or anything, we were just shooting and a woman, whose name I never got actually, took some pictures while we were getting ready and when we had a moment asked us what we were doing. A fair question. I can't believe she got the name of the movie right.

In other news, the 3D movie is very nearing completion, a few other outside projects got thrown up in the way and are slowing things down, but it's been worth it. I'll be working on the sound effects this week - even though I'd hoped to be through with them by now.

The other projects are on hold, I really need to tie up all the lose ends I have going on right now before I can comfortably move on and dive into another project. The winter is a good time to regroup and rethink a few things.

One major change coming up is I've decided to scrap one project. I was planning on doing a Japansese style action movie short, sort of a live action Anime. I've done that before and it was beginning to seem like a huge expense just to make it look right and I've really lost interest in the idea totally. So instead of that one, I've come up with a 1980's style slasher flick, The Monkey Rodeo: Bloody Summer Camp of Gore. That's a tentative title.

It'll be silly and over the top, much like Bimbo Zombie Killers! was. I had such a good reaction from that, it seemed like a good idea to sort of venture back into that territory. It's a fun style most people relate to and can enjoy regardless of whether or not they even like that kind of movie.

I've got a few plot ideas. I'll be writing it over the winter as well as getting things ready for the other movies.

1 comment: