Sunday, March 06, 2011

Karl Wenham

The first official picture of Karl Wenham, the creator the photo book, Demons. For those who don't know who he is, Karl was created for the movie Malice. He was a demonic antiquities dealer. Once I started the whole Money Rodeo Project and was thinking of ideas for the various movie projects, I decided I really wanted to use Karl again - since I played that character and it was pretty easy. I don't much care to be on screen anymore, too much hassle when there's also makeup involved, the ideas for the projects involving Karl were easy enough though.

Here's the first image of Karl from a very unplanned photo shoot I did myself when I was bored the other night.
The makeup itself isn't exclusively my design. Originally the piece used in Malice was done by The Scream Team, I based my choice on the makeup off a single image taken from the front - upon seeing it in full I realized it wasn't quite what I expected, the nose was a little more piggish then I would've liked. Since then they have redesigned it further, totally (in my opinion) ruining what was cool about it.

I based my design off that one image, fixing the issues with the nose to resemble more what I liked about that original image. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. This piece won't be made for sale, it was done off a mould of my own face and fit me and probably not too many others.

In other news, I've finally managed to get my apartment arranged to work a little better. I still need to work on getting my work room a little more tidy and efficient, right now it's a mess.

And a mould I was working on for someone turned out like crap. Turns out the model whose face was moulded has a little more curve to her face then usual - it's sloped very slightly inwards from the cheeks back towards the ears. At first I didn't think much of it, I thought maybe it was just an illusion created by the clay on the mould. Turns out I was right, the thing is locked shut now and the only way to free it is to destroy the negative mould somehow - not that it matter since the positive is unusable anyway. First time it's ever happened. Ah well, not the end of the world, but a bit of a disappointment since it looked really good.

It was only an old age piece, which I don't care to do because it's pretty boring - but this did look decent. Anyway, I decided there's no point in going back to it, just as easy for the person who wanted it to get a real old person then it is for me to start over again.

And, in very hopeful new, we've got Home Sweet Hell lined up to shoot next weekend. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment