Monday, December 16, 2013

Severed Zombie Ear Necklace

I finally got around to getting these things finished up and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out given how simple they are.

I'd posted a while back about having the idea do my own version of these, and having seen a few other folks do them, I thought I could do a little better - I know that sounds a little arrogant, stuff like this is hard work no matter what, so all due respect to them. The reason I say that is because I decided to mould mine from real ears, not a one sided sculpt like most of the others I was seeing out. This makes them a little harder to make though, but does offer some random defects which I think make them turn out a little nicer - and ensures that each set is pretty unique.

They're cast in latex and all individually hand painted and strung together on a leather cord, although in the new year I'm planning a limited set of silicone ears which look and feel a little more realistic.

Fresh from the moulds.

Closeup of one of the ears.
They sell for $25, shipping is only $5 worldwide - unless something comes up and I can't ship them as planned, but it shouldn't be an issue. You can email me at themonkeyrodeo @ gmail.com if you're interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment