Sunday, September 06, 2015

Demon Gladiator

I really enjoyed the show Spartacus, it was just so over the top. At one point I had seen some promo photos of the character Saxa before she joined the show and was pretty much instantly struck at how awesome that would look for a Demon photo shoot. The costume was simple enough so I figured why not?



I didn't end up copy the character and her costume exactly, I put my own ideas in there, but overall it's pretty decent.




We were lucky to have done the shoot in just the right weather and at just the right time of day for the shots to turn out. Almost instantly each shot was fantastic looking.





And fortunately the beach wasn't too busy, I'm not a fan of people lurking and watching, I find it really distracting. That happened a bit towards the end of the shoot, but people really seemed to like it since several asked to take their own pictures - that hasn't happened too often before.




And normally I only get a handful of really, really decent shots. I used to only having around 6, 10 at max, to finish up. I could only narrow this shoot down to 22 or so, they were all just so great looking - and easy to finish, so I just did them all up.



Both myself and the model, who has done well over a dozen shoots, felt this was our best shoot together. And I think it might be the best one I've ever done, there's just something about how it all came together that I'm just really happy with.

About a day after the shoot I came up with another badass female TV character to do a Demon shoot of, hopefully in the coming spring we'll be doing Lagertha from Vikings.

And here's one last, totally out of character shot. The waves were a little stronger than we'd thought, about 2 seconds after this was taken I believe her bracers fell off and were rolling around in the waves - she caught them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment