Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Kurat Demon

These pictures represent what should have been one of the planned roadtrip shoots I had hoped to do last week. Because it was cancelled I totally re-planned the makeup fairly last minute to do it locally, I did no location scouting - so the beach we went to sucked and had to quickly find and alternative.

After the last shoot I also figured out the best way to use contact lenses for bright, high contrast shoots. again, with the last one the lenses almost made her eyes glow even in dark shadows. I didn't fuss too much with the contrast issues this time around and left things pretty much as they were - with mostly the same effect with the lenses.

So lighter, brighter lenses are the best bet in most all circumstances anyway (obviously), but especially useful in high contrast lighting conditions because at least the models eyes are visible.




At first I was a little concerned I maybe have severely under-planned the makeup, to the point where it might not have been working. It seemed at first like it was lacking something, like I forgot to add a major element and it wasn't quite finished - but I've learned when I feel like that and I'm not sure what else to do that I'm probably done and need to walk away from it instead trying various things and risking ruining it.





Overall for a very improvised shoot I think it turned out really well. I like the idea of several locations and outfit changes, it's not always very efficient or possible but with the right model it gives me a lot more to work with and a really great variety of shoots.







No comments:

Post a Comment