Friday, December 20, 2019

Cagaaran Demon - Logo shoot.

Needed a new logo. I've had two previous logos, the first one was literally a line drawing - no idea why I thought that would be a good representation of a business that does makeup, I think maybe I knew what I could do was limited and wanted a dramatic logo so drawing it was best??? I don't know.

So then I did a makeup logo, but it more prominently featured Worbla horns than prosthetics, so really that was terribly good a representing what I do either. So now having moved into using epoxy moulds, which allow me to do much larger and more interesting shaped pieces, I felt it was time to redo my logo once more.


So here it is. These pieces will all eventually be made for sale. What you're looking at here is a pair of horns - the largest I've ever made and pretty wearable. There's a brow the horns slot into - I pre-glued them before application with mask latex so they were permanently bonded. There's a cowl (which I might remake) and a new ear design as well.











I also knew that doing up all this makeup would take awhile and the logo shoot itself would probably take 10 - 15 minutes. So instead of just whipping all this up - by the way all these prosthetics will probably total around $300 CAD - for just 15 minutes, I decided we might as well combine it with another planned shoot and really get our worth out of it.









It was a really long day and the hotel room was actually a little chilly. It took forever to warm up so we had them bring up a portable heater that sort of helped.









Most of the outfits were stuff purchased over the years from AliExpress, some were intended for other shoots that never happened. And while most were really good, as expected some were totally janky and cheap.








I was a little concerned about how the horns would hold up during such a long shoot, or if they would even work in the first place really. This was my first time using them and I have to say I'm pretty happy with them overall. The model never complained they were too heavy or made her feel off balance, no issues whatsoever.






As I mentioned earlier, I did have to pre-glue the horns in order to avoid 2 major possible issues. 1 - they wouldn't stay on or take too long to properly adhere. 2 - they wouldn't be symmetrical. So I used a headform to place the brow piece on, used pins to lock it in place and used mask latex to glue it and more pins to lock the first horn in place. It wasn't perfect fit, but with a tiny bit of fussing it worked perfectly.

Once that first horn was glued into place I did the same thing with the second make sure they were as lined up as possible. I also pre-painted them made this all much more efficient as well. In the end they were slightly asymmetrical, but only because one of the horns wasn't totally cured when I pulled it from the mould and deformed slightly, but overall it worked as I expected.







As far as the content of the shoot, I wanted to do a whole range. Some headshots, some glamour type shots and a bit of a alt-boudoir type shoot. I find it's better to do several outfits with a boudoir shoot when the model hasn't really a lot of experience, so that in the end if there's any shots (or outfits) they aren't keen on once they see them - there's something to fall back on and you're not missing half - or all - your shoot.








And in the end we decided to attempt to destroy the makeup, and make it easier to remove, by throwing the model in a bathtub. We took a few shots in the beginning of that process before the prosthetics began to peel off.





No comments:

Post a Comment