Monday, February 09, 2009

Rest in Peace, Scully.


Scully passed away last night, shortly before 1 am. I'm not sure what else to say.

She didn't go quietly like I'd hoped, she fought the whole time and hung on as long as possible.

I apologize for a particularly morose post, but I'm still trying to find way to deal with this. Scully was a pretty unique cat, the few that knew her probably realize that. She had more personality them most people I know - I wish that was a joke, unfortunately it's true. I think she was even smarter then most people I know.

But the only thing I could think of after she died, was as as a kitten how much she farted.

I found her a little over 13 years ago as I was leaving a flea market, a woman was standing outside with a kitten in her hands. She was trying to get rid of them, she said she had another on in the backseat of her car. It was Scully...or would be Scully I guess.

She was standoff-ish at first, it took her a couple weeks to warm up. She'd often make this weird face I've never seen before and I'm not sure how she did it either, she actually looked like she stretched her face or something - it was supposed to be her attack face I guess. It wasn't terribly scary.

Once she sat in front of a mirror for almost 2 weeks and finally figured out what it was. She realized that if was her reflection. I won't bother going into detail about how I know what, but trust me.

She talked a lot. When I came home, if I spoke to her, she usually began a little tirade of chirps. Sometimes out of the blue if I talked to her she'd respond as if she knew exactly what I was talking about.

For some reason she loved garlic and onions. Moreso as cream cheese, mind you.

I'll miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment