Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gortch and friends

I did two attempts at this, just because I was still getting used to sculpting and figuring out my own style and technique. I'm pretty happy with the results of the 2nd version. This is for the character of Gortch, who will be played by Graham Putnam in Grayson & Gortch. This character has a small part in the feature Malice and the short is sort of a Lethal Weapon style 80's action movie.
I do want to point out that I did not design the prosthetic. It was based off a existing design, "Boaris" by The Scream Team - the reason I'm just not buying it from them this time around is mainly cost since I'd need several over the course of shooting and the original used in Malice wasn't the best fit for Graham's face, this one was done off a cast of his face so it'll fit him perfectly and should blend in better.

I'm hoping to get a foam latex version produced as soon as I get more supplies in sometime in the next 2 weeks or so. And I'll probably do a full photoshoot with him in full costume if I can.

Also, I've done another prosthetic, this one will be for the online shop. It's the obligatory vampire forehead prosthetic that every prosthetic shop seems to have. I figured it'd be good practice even if it didn't turn out, but I think it turned out pretty damned good.

The design is nothing spectacular, just another version of the typical furrowed brow look but I made sure my version would be more of a generic fit for both male and female. I found some of the other prosthetics I've bought over the years had rather large foreheads and had to be trimmed back to fit females. Hopefully this will be a better fit for more people.

And here's some others I've been working on:

A weird bat nose - not great,
but I like the idea of it.

The "Thug" from Cronus redone.

I created a lower jaw for the "Thug".
Looks silly by itself, but awesome with the top piece.

"Bofa" from Cronus, redone and modified.

No comments:

Post a Comment