Sunday, October 30, 2011

New site goes online tomorrow

So I mentioned awhile back I was asked to make a fake trailer and I did so, under the guidelines of making it the most trashy depraved thing I could. Well it's not really the most depraved thing I could think of - I decided to hold back a little since I then had the idea of turning this crap into a feature. So it's not as over the top as I'd pictured, but still pretty good.

The website I'm referring to of course is the site for the fake trailer and the Online Funding Campaign that will take place over the course of the next year. We're hoping to raise enough money to actually turn that trailer into a full blown (no pun intended) feature film, and make it look way worse. And by worse I mean, the FX will be better and more over the top (the whole reason for needing money in the first place really), the Demon Hooker will be redesigned, making these masks a bit of a nostalgic kind of thing. The "deaths" you see in the trailer are PG compared to some of the stuff I'd like to do.

The trailer and the website goes live tomorrow at 5pm. The Online Funding Campaign starts as well and will end either when we reach our goal or 5pm next Halloween.

Donations will be handled pretty simply, no money changes hands until the goal is reached. So for now there will be an email set up for pledges. So if you think you'd like to donate something, send an email to that address (there'll be a link provided obviously) and the amount you'd like to pledge and whatever email address you use for PayPal. Once we reach the goal in pledges, everyone will receive an invoice through PayPal and hopefully you'll remember and honour the pledge.

And you will be getting something for your money, all sorts of cool stuff lined up depending on the amount you donate. There's be more details once things are online tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment