Friday, March 04, 2016

Sarauta Demon

I've always liked the idea of prosthetics that totally don't line up with human features. I've done a couple before, there was a Cthulhu piece and a Cyclops shoot - but I wanted to do something that was unique, something that was potentially monstrous, but actually rather beautiful in its own way. I guess the notion is (as much as I hate saying it out loud or writing it because it sounds so pretentious) to challenge the idea of beauty. To see if I could take something very inhuman looking but shoot it in a rather traditional way that "beauty" is photographed and actually make it work in its own context.

I think it does. I'm actually really happy with how this somewhat weird, kind of artsy in an 80s sort of way,  shoot turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment