Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Dr. Zoidberg

This kind of shoot is way outside of what I normally do, although I am sort of changing what I normally do but not to this extreme and that's another conversation. I chose to specifically do this shoot because of the prosthetic I make, The Flayer. The intention of The Flayer was to create a simple Mind Flayer prosthetic, but upon seeing it I realized there was a very decent comparison to Dr. Zoidberg.

I usually get comments comparing my designs to other existing things (most of the time the comparisons are a massive stretch though), in this case I had to admit there was pretty obvious comparison to be made. So I decided that this was something I had to do just to see how it would work.

The idea sat on the shelf for a couple years, I needed to make and collect all the parts needed, eventually it happened and I was able to get this turned out. It was a slightly rushed shoot, but overall I am really happy with how it turned out.

The Flayer is also one of my best selling pieces and despite my limited intention with the design, I'm really glad to see it's more versatile than I had planned. And, as a side note, I do have plans to for a much more elaborate Flayer prosthetic - this one will remain, there'll just be two versions.







Why not Zoidberg?








 

No comments:

Post a Comment