Friday, October 29, 2010

The Legend of Goblin Hollow

Anyone on PEI has probably heard of the Legend of Goblin Hollow, or more commonly just The Annie Beaton Story. I won't go into too much detail, there are better sources for the story if you just Google it yourself. The basics of it are: a woman, Annie Beaton was brutally raped and murdered in the community of Orwell in the 1800s (I think) and the murder was never solved. There's way more to it then that, but I did qualify it as "the basics".

So the point of all that is  that I was more or less hired to do a little bit of makeup by the Historic Village of Orwell, I'm not sure what else to call it, I assume that's technically who did the hiring besides the guy in charged. They do a walking tour/retelling of the Annie Beaton story at a Halloween, this was their 2nd year. The feedback from the first year was that it wasn't scary enough, there was some debate between the guy in charge, Tom, and the historian, Boyd about how the "scary" should be done.

Boyd was of the mind that it would be a little disrespectful to just do a bunch of spookhouse stuff while telling the story - I agree with him. But Tom wanted to do a little more - so that's where the makeup came in. It wasn't much, pretty subtle overall. I can't say I'm wholly thrilled with what I did, it's alright for sure, but I kinda wished I'd gone a little more overboard.

Anyway, here's some pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment