Monday, April 04, 2011

Busy

It's been a bit of a hectic week, but then again it always feels like it's been a bit of a hectic week.

Home Sweet Hell has gotten 173 hits as of today, not massive by internet standards, but not too shabby by mine - especially when you consider I don't go out of my way to advertise and it's all though friends of those who were in it. Episode 2 is all ready to go and should prove a little weirder and funnier.

I got myself another wholesale order, pretty decent sized one too. Manageable though, should have it ready to ship off by end of the week if all goes well.

Got a couple photo shoots done this week, one for the "Demons" book and two for the site, probably do two more for the site later this week and I'm prepping for the next photo shoot for the book as well, that'll hopefully be in about 2 weeks time.

Had to do up a couple DVDs for support material for the grant I submitted last month, apparently that HAVE to see a previous movie even if it in no way relates to the project the grant is for. Not a huge problem, at least they're entertaining movies.

I tried out my first Master Mould this weekend. Basically that means I'm making moulds of my moulds. So should anything happen to them, I can easily whip up another in a few hours instead of re-sculpting from scratch. The moulds themselves seem like they're good, won't know for sure until I run a batch of foam - if they work just as well as the originals then this saves me a bit of a headache down the road. Mind you, it won't be cheap and I'll need to reconsider my storage space since I'll be effectively doubling it with each new piece.

I got a very old movie project finally completed this week - no not Malice for anyone wondering - a completely non-Monkey Rodeo related project I did for a friend of mine, an animated childrens(-ish) movie that was about 5 years in the making. Nice to have that done finally.

And I've started work on a new latex mask, not a prosthetic but the pullover kind. I've been doing some research and found there's quite a few places that carry them and the quality looks pretty poor overall. Aside from some of the specialty shops that carry really high end ones, I reckon a lot of these are just churned out, mass produced ones. Pretty unfortunate to see, just means however there's room for me to get something out there, not in as high a quantity, but still something. It'll be awhile before I have the space to really begin mass production or even anything close to it.

Also, and lastly, I managed to make some mental headway on a future project. I've been debating exactly how it's going to work and a lot of things just weren't coming together as I would've liked. This past weekend though I had a bit of a breakthrough and I think I've got it fairly worked out. More details as things progress.

I think that's it.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Toesly's done? Sweet dude! I hope that the master moulds work out! :)

    ReplyDelete