Thursday, November 09, 2006

Movie Poster photo shoot

To put it as simply as possible, the photo shoot went brilliantly.

Lately everything has been working near perfectly (I'd say perfect but then there's nowhere to go from there) and I hope it continues as we move on to some of the really major scenes. But I was thinking earlier this week how much it can really suck sometimes to be any sort of independant filmmaker - financial reasons aside - just the stress and hassle involved in any number of areas. Luckily for me, the people I work with aren't one of those problems.

Honestly I think the people I work with are probably one of the main reasons I keep doing it. Like tonight, under less then wonderful conditions we did a photo shoot. I say less then wonderful because it would've been nice to be in an actual studio with proper lighting and whatnot, but regardless we got some great pictures - thanks to Moe Chandler who gets that delightful job.

And having great actors who are at least willing to try doing something, no matter how stupid it might make them feel, is always a plus. And the fact that I have a tendency to work with very photogenic people certainly doesn't hurt. I know Heather might disagree, but I think it's near impossible for her to take a bad picture.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the point of all that was, just something I was thinking about. So, now that that's out of the way, onto some pictures.

These two are the first so far in a series of mini-posters I'm doing for the movie. The photo shoot itself was for this reason as well as for getting material for the actual movie poster. So far we got Malice and Karl. I'm doing a couple variations with Malice, because we got so many great pictures for her. And I have yet to go through the images for The Resurrectionist and do up one for him.

I have at least 3, maybe 4 more of these I want to do. One for Grayson, Crais and the Bile Demons, and there's going to be a special one made for The Resurrectionist that I probably won't show anyone but the actors - mainly because it gives away some movie elements.

From these pictures as well I'm doing some desktop wallpapers. So far I've got about 8 or so, all from pictures taken by Moe during the course of filming. Some are just characters, others are kinda like stills from the movie itself.








Right now the wallpapers are pretty small, I did that on purpose for now since they're really not ready for public consumption, so to speak. They will be available once the website goes online - and I really have no idea when that will be right now.

So, that's it until Sunday, we're filming again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment