Friday, June 15, 2007

Editing Update

Well, I got home, did a rough edit and I think we're pretty good. Some of the shots that needed work I ended up not using - some just didn't cut together very well or really weren't needed in the end. A new problem popped up, should be fixable, and it was my fault. One of the reverse acting shots was done wrong - but with a little effort I can redo it to make it work with no problems.

Looking at it all now, I kinda wished I had more Bile Demon closeups, mainly because they looked so good on screen and it would've been nice to have something to cutaway to at a couple points. Ah well.

All things considered though. It's roughly a 4 minute 30 second scene - not bad at all actually.

And now some Before and After shots of some incredible feats of de-pregnatization! This first shot is going to be easy to fix, Heather just walks in from the right side to this point, about a 6-8 second shot maybe. I have an empty version of the background already, no shadows are being cast near where I need to slim her down - so I just make a mask to remove Malice's suddenly pregnancy.

BEFORE

And AFTER

This one is going to be a little tricky, there's lots of movement in this shot, this is the clearest image that's obvious. I won't explain how I'm going to fix it, but it should be seamless in the end. And the darkness of the image really helps. Also, this was just a test and was done in about 2 minutes, so if you think you spot some flaws - congratulations! You get a gold star and a donkey punch.

BEFORE

And AFTER

The 2nd one is going to need a lot of work, but it's an awesome shot - I won't tell you want it involves, but it's one of those shots that I would spend weeks on cleaning it up it turned out so well. I had originally intended for this to be a body double shot, but we tried it with Heather and I shot it a little too wide - each take was perfect though, so I decided I'd take the time to work on it.

That's it for now again. I feel I accomplished more then I intended to already today so I'm off for more coffee and see if I can't track down the new HellBoy animated movie that just came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment