Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cthulhu Jr.

As I mentioned in the last post, I’ve been working with some new software and trying out some new techniques to make the movie’s CG characters looks a little more realistic and whatnot. The first one to be worked on has been a character I’m calling Cthulhu Jr – an H.P. Lovecraft reference for those of you not entirely sure.

He’s not in the movie for very long, only a couple shots in the Council of the Brotherhood scene as one of the Council Elders. The setup for him will be a live actor in a costume with a large hood, the actor’s face will be removed and replaced with a computer generated head – and all the usual post work will be done to finalize him. This is actually the first time I’ve tried combining a live actor and CG to make a single character.

So I thought in the meantime I’d post an image of the CG head as it stands right now. There will more then likely be a little more done to sort of some details and whatnot, but I’m pretty happy with the way he’s progressing so far.

The eyes are just temporary for now, although they will look pretty much like this in the final version, just a little more real hopefully.

1 comment: