I really hate dealing with weather dependant shoots. I stressed pretty much most of the day about whether or not tomorrow was going to happen and I finally decided to call it off. I had a few folks already taking the day off work and I didn't want to leave it to the last minute, I had three separate forecasts calling for rain and even thunder showers, plus I'd just gotten a call from one of the actors informing me he was unable to make it. So, it seems like karma or fate working against me. Tomorrow isn't happening.
On the plus side of things, in the same instant I cancelled the shoot, I came up with a much better idea for the scene anyway. Much less setup in any case, which is way better - and more actiony even.
I hate dragging people along and telling them, yeah we're shooting next week and then cancelling it. I know there's nothing really I can do about it, like I said, "weather dependant shoots" - they're a bugger at best.
So that's it. No shoot tomorrow, a much more stress free evening for me...and a plate of sandwiches for 15 people I have to pick up tomorrow regardless. At least I know what I'm doing for lunch and dinner tomorrow.
Stay tuned for more action-packed details. Not about my lunch and dinner, but what's happening with the scene next.