Friday, June 20, 2008

Rethinking the Near End of the World

As I mentioned in the previous post - I've been reworking the Demon Army Battle scene. I was a little annoyed after cancelling the shoot, only to discover the next day that I still could've pulled it off had it gone on as scheduled. It was a bit of a crappy day, but there was a good 5-6 hour window where I could've got everything done.

Ah well. Not the end of the world...Or is it?

That was a lame set up, in any case, I just got through reworking the scene and it's so much better in almost every possible way - so any annoyance at having lost a day of shooting is long since gone.

The new version should be a little quicker to shoot, most of it's handheld and moving very quickly. It's bascially a fight on the run. It'll have to be choreographed a bit to work properly, that's not a problem though.

It also serves to fill in any plot gaps I might've suffered over countless rewrites and redoing certain scenes - thankfully, I was slightly smart in making sure I had at least 2 scenes where major information is revealed that the spoken dialog could be rewritten if needed and not effect the visuals whatsoever.

I won't go into too much detail at the moment, other then to say I'll be working this weekend on creating what could be the biggest prop I've ever built. Not the most elaborate, but the biggest - the hardest part will be settling on a design.

Then I have to go over the entire script and make sure the line changes - the scene is without dialog, but there's a voiceover during the whole thing - don't contradict anything I can't change.

So that's it. I'll be aiming at shooting this mid-July, or earlier if everything falls into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment