Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Librarian

For some reason the costume part of this character was more of a design issue then the actual character. I think there were two previous designs, one was just a massive misshapen lump of a head, the 2nd was a more human looking version of the final design.

As far as the costume goes, I originally had a massive collar of sorts on him, but wasn't thrilled with any of them. So in the end I just settled on a simple brown hooded cloak. I even added thousands of little tiny threads all over the cloak, but it was too small of a detail and the scene he's in is rather darkly lit and it won't really be noticed - so why bother?



In any case, he's all ready to be animated once the scene is properly set up, so that's another one down. I should point out, other then the Demon I just finished, the Titan and this guy had been partially completed and slowly worked on over the past few months, so don't go thinking I've been cranking all these CG characters out from scratch recently.

Although, from here on out they are just on paper at the moment, so they will be an bit of an effort. And like everything else about this movie, there are way more CG characters then I originally planned. There are 5 scripted ones, and aside from the Demon, they even all have dialog. However now, there are 10 or more, the new ones are all CG stuntmen though - no worries about the design process at least.

And I'm sure I've been ranting and raving about this before, but very shortly I'll be getting supplies to make my first foam latex prosthetic. The first one will be custom made for a specific actor, and based on another prosthetic that had some major limitations. It'll be for the short movie Cronus. And yes, there will be pictures I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I get prosthetics made for my face... I'm special! The Librarian looks awesome dude! Good call on the costume. I hope the foley sound for Demon Rum is going well today.

    ReplyDelete