Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2nd shoot on the 3D Movie

It went awesome. I think I can honestly say I've never had so much fun on a shoot before - not to say normally it's like being flogged, but this was just utter ridiculousness it was so silly.

This morning we shot the last part of the opening sequence. Even by itself it looked foolish. Kind of put me in mind of a Kids in the Hall sketch for some reason, not any in particular just in general. It was pretty quick and easy, just 3 shots, no dialog, no marks to hit, nothing. Just Draper dressed like a dork look silly and getting blasted by a space ship that wasn't even there.

I had an hour or so to get myself organized for the big shoot later. The weather was iffy so I wasn't expecting too much, it was chilly, but nothing too horrible. I mainly felt bad for my lead actress, Jaz, who was wearing short sleeves and a poodle-like skirt. Kim was on standby the whole time with her coat when we weren't actually shooting.

We shot right down in behind Province House, so we were in a pretty open and public area. We had no problems, aside from some tourist who decided to film us - which I have no problem with, but then he just stood there in the middle of the shot ignoring me until I gave him the finger. I can't tell if it was that or he just got bored because we didn't do anything but stare at him.

Otherwise, it was pure - I'm running out of good words for foolish and silly, but whatever it was, it was pure that.

In any case, here's some images from the movie.


So that's it for now, we've got another long day tomorrow. Everyone did an awesome job today, let's hope tomorrow goes as smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment