Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Zombie Gator

If I had the funding I would actually make a movie called "Zombie Gator" and it would be awesome. Instead, what we have to settle for is a Zombie Gator head. This is the only image you'll see of the Zombie Gator in Bimbo Zombie Killers! Undead in the Water until it actually airs later this fall (hopefully).

This is just an hour or so after sculpting the basic shape in clay. It's about a foot and a half tall, maybe close to two feet. I'm not sure I never really cared to make it a specific size, just big enough to be awesome. I guess I'll be spending most of the day on this and starting the long and painful moulding process tomorrow.

I was debating about creating a central core mould to both halves in order to make room for arms to go through to puppeteer it, but I'm wondering now if that'll just take too much time or not. It's going to have a urethane skin, backed with flexible foam. The teeth will be resin, attached much later.

Making a core mould would cut back on material needed to cast the final piece and make it easier to puppeteer. I guess it all depends on how soon I want it. I would like it for a shoot this coming Saturday, but given how long it takes to mould it's probably not going to happen unfortunately. His scenes will be shot later I guess.

So that all I had to say, I just wanted to post this for anyone hearing me mention the Zombie Gator that I am indeed serious about it. It's not just CG, there will be a CG counterpart, but I'd like to use this as much as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Who wouldn't love a Zombie Gator?
    Kim B

    ReplyDelete