Thursday, February 28, 2013

Moonshine of the Damned Update #1

I'll start labeling these with numbers, just because it makes sense since I plan on doing more.

For starters, I'm officially changing the name from Bimbo Zombie Killers! Moonshine of the Damned to simply Moonshine of the Damned. Not only to simplfy it, but as a reference to the naming scheme of Evil Dead - so it's a vague reference, but one nonetheless. It went from Evil Dead, to Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn, and of course, Army of Darkness, so I'm doing the same thing.

And I've been giving some thought to a poster - not that I really need one, or ever do really, but it's part of the process that I enjoy. This time around instead of doing a photo of the girls or something like that, I'm actually going to paint it - not digitally, but regular old, acrylic on canvas, paint. I'll be using this design:

And this will be, sort of, yet another reference, this time to the movie House, which featured a painted, slightly stylized zombie hand ringing a doorbell. I'll be scanning the painting and digitally touching it up a bit, but that's it.

This painting will also be the prize I'll be giving away for the funding campaign. Not sure of the size yet, but I'll be picking up the canvas next week and start working on it.

Speaking of the funding campaign, I'll be launching the 2nd phase of it next week - more about that then.

Finally have the first draft of the script, it's a little rough but it's all there. Casting is pretty much sewn up for all the new parts. So far the zombie casting process is going pretty well, not fantastic, although I haven't really been pushing it too hard just yet. I've broken up the zombie parts as actual roles that are being cast, rather than just making a random call for extras and hoping for the best.

And I've been working away trying to get a more accurate gauge on the FX budgets now that I know the needs of the script. That will be going on for the next couple weeks, finding out all the little bits I wrote and now have to create somehow. Should be fun.

That's it so far, we'll see how next week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment