Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The last shoot for Cronus

Well, this is the last shoot of the movie. I've got most of the morning tomorrow to get everything set up as well as I can and then hope for the best. I've said before I'm not a fan of filming fight scenes, I just can't get the rhythm of it, luckily this is much different. It's more a serious of shots of Cronus being beaten, nothing really has to flow from shot to shot so much.

The desk got hacked in half today, and unfortunately it won't hold it's own weight and stay up as I'd hoped. This isn't so much a problem. I do have a couple workaround that should work rather well. I'll also be testing out the breakaway chair idea tomorrow, should work just fine.

The most nerve wracking part of this is that some of the shots are one take only. If it buggers up, then it wasted time and money - and that's just not fun for anyone involved. Not for me because it's my money and not fun for the actors because they'll be the ones feeling responsible for buggering it up. So I'm thinking it won't be as much fun as we'd planned, you never know though, it could all go off without a hitch. I'm hoping for that.

I don't know if we'll have many behind the scenes photos, since the set is a little too dark for the camera, but we might be able to snag some stagged shots and there's always the stills.

Depending on my mood, it could be a quick update Thursday morning, or perhaps nothing for a couple days should it all go south. We'll see.

In other news, the idea of getting my own Firearms License to get the guns for Bimbo Zombie Killers! is at a standstill because of a 4-6 week processing period and the potential for wasted money. I'm looking into other options since this won't happen in time.

And now, I'm off to fight super mutant evil for a bit before crashing for the night.

1 comment: