Saturday, July 04, 2009

Tomorrow is Z-Day

I've been up since 5:30 today putting primer on the last of the moonshine jug copies I made. They're pretty much done, maybe in another hour they'll be all ready to have a proper paint job. They won't be perfect, but they should be reasonably alright.

I'm just getting ready now to do a batch of foam up to make the blown out eyesocket prosthetic. It'll be a little different from the other once in that it'll be dyed red during the mixing process, I've never done it before so it should be interesting. I'm hoping it turns out since I'll have very little time to do another run of foam today.

And then it's onto goring up a couple shirts for Draper, and making about 30 liters of fake blood. I've no idea if I have enough to make that much, but I guess I'll find out eventually today. Seems like a little will go a long way - so long as no more then 50 people show up.

And that should be it. I have to go over my storyboards a few times to make sure they're efficient enough should things go wonky with the weather tomorrow. And then I have to check in with one of my actors to make sure they got themselves a costume.

If tomorrow doesn't work out, I've got a sort of backup plan. We'll start shooting and keep going at the zombie horde footage as much as possible until it starts to rain, if it even does - we could luck out. And if we do get rained out I'm postponing this shoot to July 19th.

Monday, rain or shine really, we'll be shooting the only interior scene of the movie. I'm looking forward to that because it's nice and contained. There's not too much going on, lots of props and only 3 of my main actors. And blood, there will be some of that stuff.

And then on July 12th we'll be heading to Orwell to shoot another single scene, that one should be pretty fun and easy. My 3 lead bimbo characters and a dozen or so zombies in the woods. I'm hoping I can get away with not renting a vehicle - because I can't afford it right now or any time soon, so we'll see how that works out.

Anyway, I'm off to fight rubbery foamed evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment