Saturday, April 24, 2010

Prosthetic Problems

I like the title of this mainly because I foresee many people inadvertently landing here when searching for ways to ease their issues with their fake limbs. Sorry, not that kind of prosthetic if that first sentence applies to you.

This kind:

Now, when I say "problem" I don't mean "ah shit, everything's screwed and gone straight to hell". No, in fact all I really mean is that one of the prosthetics for Grayson & Gortch, the one for the character of Mr. Eliah in particular is being problematic. To be more accurate, the mold is being problematic.

An experimental sculpting technique caused some unforeseen mold issues. While most of the other mold suffering from this problem are fine, this one - Mr. Eliah - is just getting worse. And of course it's too late to just scrap it and redo it since that character has his first scene tomorrow morning.

So I guess I'm willing to run the risk of him looking a little different in this one scene. There's just no way I can get another decent prosthetic from that mold anymore. Ah well. At least there's time before the next scene and I'm mostly done all the stuff that has to be created so I look at this as a little more practice. Not only do I have to recreate it, I need to make it look as close to the original as possible while improving on it slightly.

We'll see how that goes.

Otherwise, I'm still working away at creating a prop for tomorrow morning's shoot. It'll be ready just in time and the paint might even still be wet - but it'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment