Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"Demons" by Karl Wenham

"Demons" unlike most of my other projects isn't a movie, but a collection of photos of various demons, beasts and creatures taken by a demon named Karl Wenham.

Karl himself is a demonic antiquities dealer, collecting weird, unusual  and sometimes dangerous artifacts from around the world, as well as from alternate dimensions. On the side Karl is a bit of a photographer and is assembling a collection of the various demons he's known throughout the years.

The basic idea is to create what normally would be a boring, mundane photo of a person doing nothing terribly special, just going about some normal routine and make it a little more fantastic by imagining a world where demons are as commonplace as humans.

The goal is to create at least 100 demons over the course of the next year, resulting in a potential art exhibit (or several) and a book containing all the photos along with a little info/story about how Karl knows these demons.

Here's a couple "outtakes" from today's photoshoot with Gortch.


So if you, or anyone you know, might be interested in volunteering to be part of the project - as a demon of course, get in touch with me at casting@themonkeyrodeo.com. Send along a recent photo (see the update below) and any info you want so I can get a feel for what I'm working with and what makeup might be right. No acting experience necessary, this isn't a movie - but you do need to comfortable being in front of a camera and capable of taking some direction in order to create a realistic looking, not posed, photo.

You might not hear back from me right away, but over the course of the next year I will be contacting potential demon candidates about arranging a makeup session and photoshoot. And I will point out right now, for anyone who just stumbled upon this without knowing me, that this is taking place on Prince Edward Island, Canada. If you're not going to be on the Island over the course of the next year, then there's not much point signing up - even though I do appreciate the interest.

UPDATE: So far the response has been a more then I expected in only a few hours- which is awesome of course, thanks to everyone who signed up. I should point out, if I actually know you, no need for a photo - that's just for folks I don't know. Also, should you have an idea or scenario for your alter demon ego, let me know as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment