Monday, August 09, 2010

Prosthetics might go online for sale in the next two weeks

I think I'm at a place where I'm fairly confident in some if the pieces I've sculpted and have enough faith in my ability to reliably produce decent prosthetics to go online with them. I won't have a massive amount to start with, just a few pieces I think turned out really well and are unique enough too.

Just a few minor details to work out. I'll be using PayPal - unless I can find something better and easier for sorting out shipping costs. The little research I did on it and it looks pretty grim overall, hard to say what the best method for this is.

Also, I need to finalize my packaging. For now it'll have to be pretty simple, I just don't have the money or space for anything elaborate - although it'd be nice do something like the Rogue Planet prosthetics I've purchased. They're in a cardboard box with a clear plastic lid and an image of the piece with the name of it attached to the inside lower part of the lid. I kinda liked it.

Anyway, here's a couple pieces from the latest few batches.
Left to right: The Crazy Old Voodoo Lady from "Breath of the Dead", it's custom made piece, not generic so I don't see myself selling it online. Mr. Eliah from "Grayson & Gortch" will definitely be for sale, as well as Barbara from "Home Sweet Hell" and possibly even Doris Lutz from the same project - even though Doris is a custom piece, I think because it's just a forehead it should work well enough - I'll have to test that.

I did an impromptu photo shoot last week with the Gortch prosthetic on Graham Putnam when a shoot got canceled, I'd like to say that was one of my pieces - but it sort of isn't. The design was from a piece called BOARIS from the Scream Team but I remade it for my own use to cut down on the expense.

Here is a new piece, just finished this evening. The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but I still like it. I'll be using it in a photo shoot early next week and this one will also be online for sale. No idea what it's called yet since it's not for a character in a movie.

So here's hoping it all works out. I think I'll post them on the website, but I might test the waters through eBay at first too.

No comments:

Post a Comment