Friday, August 27, 2010

Online Shop = Pain in the Ass

I've been working away trying to get this thing up and running, only to hit a wall every turn. I'm getting a little tired of it.

I had decided to go with PayPal, because I foolishly thought it was going to be easy. I don't think I've ever been so wrong. Just one pain in the ass after another. I wanted something simple, something that would take the order, calculate shipping and be done with it. It's such a stupid mess I don't even understand why people use it. It'll allow ME to calculate shipping, but not allow for the buyer to do so. Instead, I have to charge them a flat rate or some made up percentage based on the cost - that's utterly retarded, either way someone is going to be screwed out of money - and then once the order has been paid, I then do the shipping and it takes the money out of my PayPal account. Or use yet another online service connected with PayPal in order to do this the way I want.

PayPal, you suck.

So I'm trying something else. I thought a Merchant Account would work, I'm still in the process of setting that up - but it looks like it's going to cost me way more. I'm not liking any of this so far, each week is just a series of obstacles taking up time when I could be potentially selling stuff (okay, so that might be an overstatement, I don't know how long it'll take before I sell anything, but each day that goes by means on less day I'm able to).

Although it's encouraging that I have four companies looking to take my stuff to sell. However, it's equally disheartening that they suddenly stopped communicating with me. Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment