Monday, May 12, 2008

New Stuff

Here's the stuff I said I'd post from this weekend.

This here's more or less the armor for the Demon Army. This is just the tunic (which has to be torn and raggedy looking), the breastplate and the mantle. There's way more to the costume, this was just on a sewing dummy and I thought I'd take a picture.

The gorget keeps making me think of the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz, but ah well - what can you do?

And keep in mind there's a black top and bottom that go underneath this, as well as leather gloves, greaves and bracers and finally a hood. And after they're all done, I'll also be taking each costume out to wear it in and dirty it up so it'll look like it's seen a few wars already.

And here's the two axes I made. They're small hand axes, not giant crazy things like the warhammer is. The blades are 8 inches long to give you a general idea of their size. And they're a lot tougher then I expected them to be, I still wouldn't risk smashing folks with them though.

They were relatively easy to make, all things considered, so I reckon I'm going to try to make a mace, that will be a third weapon this particular member of the Brotherhood gets to use. Everyone else has massive sword or a warhammer - I figured what his weapons lack in size, they can make up for in number.

The best part of trying another weapon is that it won't cost anything other then the price of the handle. There was more then enough materials and supplies left over from these two that I can do the mace without spending much more. I'm starting that this afternoon, I'll let you know how it goes

1 comment:

  1. The axes look awesome dude... I was quite impressed.

    ReplyDelete