Sunday, May 11, 2008

Productive weekend

I managed to get a massive amount of work accomplished this weekend, and there's still almost 2 hours left, so you never know what else might happen.

I did a good chunk of work for my actual paying job and got some new shots done for an animated movie I'm doing for someone - it's looking pretty damned good so far too.

In the middle of all that, got some work done for the Demon Army costumes, I made the mantles, or gorgets...or collars, whatever you want to call them. Didn't come out as I'd hoped, but they do what they need to do. They're pretty crude looking, which was the look I was going for so I guess that's a "mission accomplished".

I even made some attempt to create the tunics for the same costumes. Not that there's much skill involved in making a ratty, torn, piece of crap looking tunic. Still, it's done.

So far all that's left to be made for these costumes are the hoods - that'll be an awesome good time.

And I also made two weapons. I wanted to give one of the Brotherhood characters two small hand axes for his weapons. I couldn't find anything reasonable to buy, so I figured I made a warhammer - how hard could and axe, or two, be?

They're far from flawless, but for what little they cost - they're pretty good looking. I'd post some pictures, but it's getting late and I'm tired - plus they still need a couple more coats of paint and latex to really solid them up.

I think that's about it. I'll probably post a few pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment