Seems that no one wants to house Pyre and his little harem of wives. After waiting to hear back from a really great location for over a week, and given a fairly positive initial response, I write them and was told - "Nope, we don't feel it would be appropriate."
Now, I can't say I disagree with them. It's their business, their call. Although it is pretty inconsiderate not to inform people immediately if you're turning them down. I have no issues if someone wants to say "No, you can't film here" - but I would like to know right away so I can move on and try to find something else.
It's pretty obvious though when they don't get back to you right away that the answer will more then likely be "no". At least that seems to be a 90% reliable trend. Still it's a pain in the ass, if you're so unsure that you can't give an answer right away - then say no right away. Ah well, it's hardly the end of the world, just means I might have to rethink this scene once again.
In some ways it's a good thing. There always has to be one thing that's causing issues with a project, I'd rather it be something I can see then something I can't.