Monday, October 08, 2007

Stuff

It's amazing how many little details you skip over, don't think about, or forget until the last minute. I think I caught them all though...I think. I still have time at least.

We have 4 scenes left, officially speaking. There are 3 more otherwise, one's the 60 second Lord of the Rings flashback scene, another is some extra footage for another scene and the other is a secret for now. Nearly everything is taken care of, but having more time is always a bonus.

For instance, there's one scene that we were scheduled to do this coming Thursday. We're pushing it back a couple weeks - normally I'd have a problem with that, but there were so many little up in the air elements that shooting anytime sooner then 3 weeks was a little iffy. I personally have no issues with pushing something back ever, unless it's for a really bad or silly reason - and so long as it's the actor's choice. I hate pushing things back and thinking the actors are being annoyed at having to wait to get things over with.

And having this extra couple weeks gives me time to solid up some other things. We're still working in the costumes for the Flashback scene, I've made a few alterations to them. Nothing to make it more complicated, it's actually easier and little nicer looking. I'm hoping we'll be able to shoot that in about 2 - 3 weeks time.

So far the costumes are looking great, thanks to help from Kim Bradford. I have to admit I wasn't really sure it'd be so easy to create 4 fairly decent looking period type costumes. Perhaps because I wanted them to look a little ratty is why they're working so well. That's not to insult the look of the costumes or imply they look like crap, they just look authentic in some way.

I was also going to rant for a bit about a company I just ordered some costume pieces from who are being total wankers, but I don't think I'll bother. It's kind of a long and drawn out story that isn't really over yet. Maybe I'll mention it if it turns out to be worse then it seems right now, but I'm hoping for the best and this week should wrap up my dealings with them.

Otherwise, things might not be going according to schedule - they rarely do. So that's not something to get upset over, it's just par for the course. On the other side of that coin, when we are getting stuff done, it's coming out really well. Let's hope it stays that way for a bit.

The next couple weeks might be a little quiet here. I'll be working at getting as much done as quickly as possible, so unless I make a breakthrough with something I can't see there being much more to write about until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment